Are you confused about what’s best for your gut health? With so many diets out there touting to be the best for your overall gut health - how do you know what’s best for you? Your gut health is the foundation for your overall health. The stronger your digestive health the better you’ll be able to make energy, think clearly, fight off infections, keep your weight in check, & skin glowing. In this episode of The Health Fix, Dr. Jannine Krause discusses what to eat & what to avoid to maintain your gut health.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• How maintaining your gut health is key for longevity
• How to identify what’s good for your gut
• Why gut health is related to total body inflammation
• How emotions & mindset relate to gut health
Do you cut calories and increase workout intensity in hopes of losing weight only to find that you can’t get the scale to move or you gain weight?
This is a common phenomenon and it’s due to your body being stuck in fight or flight mode.
So when you push the body harder and starve it you cause your body to switch into an advanced protective state of fight or flight called freeze mode. In freeze mode you become extremely lethargic and your metabolism slows down. The harder you push the body and continue to stress it out, the more you drive yourself into metabolic freeze.
In this episode of The Health Fix, Dr. Jannine Krause discusses how to adjust your workouts to help you manage stress more effectively, reboot your energy or keep you out of metabolic freeze so you can lose weight.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
• Why monitoring heart rate and HRV are key for managing stress
• How to revive yourself from metabolic freeze
• The mechanism of how metabolic freeze hijacks your metabolism
• What you can do right now to adjust your workouts & diet to get out of metabolic freeze
Tricia Nelson lost fifty pounds & has kept it off for over 30 years by identifying and healing the underlying causes of her emotional eating. Tricia has spent over 3 decades researching the hidden causes of the addictive personality. Tricia is an Emotional Eating Expert and author of the #1 bestselling book, Heal Your Hunger, 7 Simple Steps to End Emotional Eating Now. She also certifies health coaches so they can get better results, referrals and revenue by helping their clients overcome emotional eating. Tricia is the host of the popular podcast, The Heal Your Hunger Show and is a highly regarded speaker. Tricia has been featured on NBC, CBS, KTLA, FOX and Discovery Health and now she’s on The health fix. In this episode of The Health Fix Podcast, Dr. Jannine Krause interviews Tricia Nelson on how to stop emotional eating now.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• The #1 weight loss mistake
• Why 75% of emotional eaters eat in excess after noon
• The hidden causes of emotional eating
• How to manage stress before it drives you to the kitchen
Do you have brain damage from everything you've learned about food & fitness? Has it caused you to set routines and create food rules that do not serve you? Stress is often caused by not getting your primal needs met. From safety, to being heard, to not getting breaks to relax or even having alone time make a difference on how your day goes & your reactions. On this third episode in a series on weight loss Dr. Jannine Krause dives into how your routines, habits & behaviors keep weight on you and what you can do to re-set your routines by making sure you are getting your needs met.
What You'll Learn in This Podcast:
• What really works to reset your metabolism
• What is going to stress your body out and keep your weight on
• What to do right now to reset your mind and routines to get results
• Why it's key to stop jumping from fitness & diet fad to the next
If you're struggling to lose weight and you're frustrated because nothing is working it's time to dive deeper into what's going on in your body.
Chronic low-grade infections in the gut & nerves are common plus they hijack your metabolism.
Why do these chronic infections linger? Stress.
The more stress your body is under the more the immune system keeps your body focused on fighting the infections versus your metabolism.
In this second episode of a three-part series on investigating factors that interfere with weight loss, I'll be diving into how stress & chronic infections prevent weight loss.
What You'll Learn In This Episode:
• The common chronic infections to look for that hijack your metabolism
• Why you might be your own worst stress influence
• What to do to help your body clear chronic infections without a ton of supplements
• How your thoughts influence your body's ability to control infections & inflammation